Travel Sales Consultant (experience required)
Director’s Choice Tour & Travel – Lubbock, TX
Reports to the Director of Client Management, this role will proactively generate new business by contacting potential and existing clients by phone and email as well as tracking and following up on leads generated through the websites, social media, phone calls, industry conferences, inquiries, marketing collateral, and other identified lead generation projects. This role works closely with the Travel Operations and Performance Events departments to ensure the customer needs are met and each trip/ performance is a success.
This business critical role provides an excellent opportunity for an articulate, well-spoken individual who is looking for a challenging work environment which offers earnings opportunity in line with performance. As the key contact to our clients, this is a customer interface role that needs to appropriately represent the high standards of Director’s Choice Tour & Travel.
• Develop and qualify new sales leads via multiple platforms including telephone, email, and social media.
• Achieve all sales goals; develop new clients as needed to build a sales book of $2.5 – $4.0 m per annum.
• Update, improve, and maintain the quality of the CRM database.
• Create a close working relationship with and assist with the Operations Department, Performance Department, and Referral Consultants to ensure successful trips, satisfied customers, and achieve sales retention goals.
• Assist with new marketing initiatives in order to generate more leads for entire sales team.
• Work with the sales team and the Directors of Client Management to gain insight on organizational and sales strategies.
• Take initiative and personal accountability to drive both new and rebooking (retention) sales.
• Operate as an expert in the student/ youth music travel and performance market.
• Assess client needs to prepare and present proposals which meet group requirements.
• Ensure revisions to client itineraries and trip budgets are made in a regular and expeditious routine.
• Participate in regular sales meetings, company meetings, and training sessions.
• Actively participate in the philanthropic strategy (The Foundation for Music Education) and secondary duties associated with replicated efforts within the company.
• Represent Director’s Choice Tour & Travel in a positive, ethical, and professional manner.
Desired Skills & Experience
• University Degree or College Diploma preferred.
• Experience working within a telemarketing or sales role is beneficial.
• Ability to learn new computer skills quickly.
• Excellent professional and engaging phone manner
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Decision-making, problem resolution, organizational, and creative thinking skills are valuable.
• Excellent negotiation, conversion, and closing skills.
• Experience in Education, particularly Educational Travel sales, is an asset.
• Willingness to travel.
• Exceptional work ethic, willingness to work additional hours during seasonal peaks.
• Experience using CRM preferred.
• Responsive team player.